Winter Photography with the Sony A6300, I mean what’s not to like about getting new toys!!
I have jumped ship (or at least have a foot on both ships) over to the mirrorless side. I have added the Sony A6300 to the setup for both filming and photography. As it’s new, I took it out for a shoot with Local snowboarder and friend Samuel Christensson.
I have to say, this isn’t a review of the camera but instead my thoughts of using the Sony out in the field.
Main take-aways of using the Sony A6300 for winter photography:
- Live View and image review through the view finder is a game changer in the bright winter conditions.
- Size and weight is extremely nice to have.
- Am not getting the images super sharp with the peak focusing. – Need to practice more.
- 11 Fps for sports is awesome.
- Need to change the function of the top dial to the shutter speed as I was constantly adjusting other settings by accident when I wanted to change the shutter speed.
Well that was fun!
Let me know if you have any questions or comments!